Turdy the Turtle
The other day, Cassity was taking the kids to go run some errands and Cassity noticed a turtle in our front yard. We found out that it was a little box turtle. Here is a little video of the turtle waking in the grass.
When I got the box and went back out, I found him hiding here, under our holly bush.
Cassity thought that it would be a good idea to keep it as a pet. I wanted to make sure that it was safe so I did a little online research. So, when they left I went inside and grabbed a box to put the little guy in. I put him in the box and left him in the entry while I did some research. I didn't think if what kitty would do, though. I heard some noise while I was researching and found her in the box. Luckily the turtle was fine.
I found out the the turtle was called a box turtle. Here is a picture of what I found online that looked similar to our little friend.
``
I kept him in the box until they came home, just so the girls could see the turtle up close. Etta was so excited, she was asking Cassity about the turtle, ever since they left the driveway. Once the Etta saw the turtle she said in a really sweet high voice, "Oh, cute look at the little turdy, turdy, the little turdy turtle, mommy!"
It was so cute to see her reaction. We decided that is was best to let him go back on his journey through out front yard.
Justin


0 comments:
Post a Comment