Funny Little Lydia Talking
Lydia is such a talker right now. Here are some of the funny things she has said lately:
We were at the grocery store and it had large signs above each shopping area, for example, one that said “Bakery”. Every time she saw one she would point at it and yell “ABCDEFG” and then sing her ABC’s at least twice all the way through, very loudly. It was really cute and funny!
She loves to sing Twinkle Twinkle. She says her “r’s” Like a pirate at the end of each line.
Twinko, Twinko yitto staRRRRR,
How I what you aRRRRe.
She is just barely starting to remember to say the word “wonder” And if we ever try to sing it with her she gets really mad and says “NO, I sing it”.
She LOVES to sing. She is the only child that sings in her nursery class at church. Some of the songs she knows: Twinkle Twinkle, Popcorn Popping, Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, I am a Child of God, Old McDonald, ABC’s and Wheels on the Bus.
She LOVES to dance! Etta started a dance class in October. It is the highlight of both of their week. Lydia MUST wear a leotard and a Tutu, pretty much every day, but especially on dance class day. On all other days she loves to run around and say “I like a Ballnina”. And she also asks for tap shoes.
We hung all of the girls dress up clothes in Lydia’s closet. So she has been obsessed with pretty dresses. She always wants to wear a “Petty Dess and Tights”.
Lydia is super independent. She was trying to open something, and I asked her if she wanted my help, she said No. I. do. it. me. self!!! She was thinking hard with each word.
She loves to ask me to brush her hair.
The other day we were reading the illustrated scriptures. It was Joseph smith praying in the sacred grove I asked her who the 2 people with him were and she said, Heavenly Father without skipping a beat! I was impressed, she usually doesn't seem to be listening at all.
She is really loving to read books now. She didn’t love it when she was little but in the last little while she has gotten more excited about it!
The girls loved Christmas. We talked a lot about it being Jesus’ Birthday. The idea of baby Jesus was very appealing to Lydia, she LOVES babies. So now when she prays they all pretty much go exactly like this, “Heavenly Father, Baby Jesus Christ AMEN!” I guess it is a quick hello from Lydia. If anyone else is praying, she will join in and start saying, “and Mommy, and daddy, and Etta And mommy and Kitty, and Mommy.” She is super thankful for me!!! (and I am super thankful for her!)
Lydia, is SO social, while Etta is usually reserved for the first 2-20 minutes where ever we go, it is helpful for Etta to get comfortable to have this little ball of energy with her.
About 2 or 3 times a day Lydia will sneak upstairs to visit Grandpa. One day I caught her and asked “Lydia where are you going?” Her reply was “Opa, num, num” no need for any extra words, we know what she is doing. Opa (Grandpa Oertle) can’t resist Lydia’s charms. She walks up to Grandpa and says “Num num Opa.” (he has a bottle of tums that she has depleted twice already!) He will then give her a Tum, and then she asks for one for Etta. And then she runs downstairs with her prize and gives one to Etta. (she is good about sharing she always asks for one to give to Etta.
Lydia has been potty training herself. She takes herself to the potty we haven’t been fully committed, but I guess we need to be!
After Christmas we were sick for about 3 weeks. We all had perpetually running noses, and there were a lot of “boogas” as Lydia calls them. They must have made an impression, because she is NOT okay with boogas. If she has even the slightest dampness near her nose she yells “A booga Mommy, I get a tissue.” Well we had stake conference this last Sunday and as soon as it got quiet, I mean no one was talking, dead silence, Lydia screams “I have a booga”…
Lydia is actually very polite. She always says please, always says thank you, and is very good at saying excuse me.
The girls are inseparable. They both adore each other and play all day long! FINALLY!
Here they are ready for dance class!
Quick Etta note – (since this really is a Lydia highlight)
One funny thing Etta Said: We were trying to get her to guess that is was dance class the next day so we asked her "What day is tomorrow? It’s your favorite day!" (she asks to go to dance class almost daily) Her reply, without skipping a beat was “Christmas!”… then we laughed, and said, okay your second favorite day and she immediately said “My birthday!” Apparently the girl like presents, she never did guess dance class!
She also LOVES primary, I have been dreading the split from Lydia, because mostly Lydia was the one that took Etta to Nursery. But Etta’s sunbeam teachers are heaven sent and she asks about her primary class, and when she gets to go. When we get to the primary room, she runs happily to her row. She is also really listening and learning things, cuz she will randomly start explaining things from her class, mostly jumbled and not quite accurate, but at least she is thinking about it, so that is good!
0 comments:
Post a Comment