Dear Diary
All of my posts lately have been just quick updates, and this is not exception, so sorry 'bout that.
We have some exciting new skills in the toddler department- Etta officially walks. She did it like I thought she would, just up and walk one day. Last week she tried to take one or two steps on her very own. She was steady and didn't fall, but she wouldn't try anything more. Then yesterday while we were watching The Sound of Music, they were all dancing and she wanted to join in, so she just walked around in two large circles. Probably about 20-30 baby steps, and from then on she's been able to walk. Although she still reverts to crawling for speed.
In the last week or so two of her top molars have come through. I can't say how lucky we are, no outward signs of pain or complaint, perfect sleeping, and then new teeth.
She is also getting much better at saying "hi". We went to Kohls this weekend, and the cashier, a kind of comical looking guy really caught her attention. She said hi to him at least 8 times while checking out. Her "hi" is so soft and sweet, always with a little wave, it is one of the cutest sounding words she says.
Oh and her other new skill is folding her arms. She does it so well, when we sit down for our meals I say "Okay, lets say a prayer", and she usually folds her arms without asking, but if she doesn't then I ask her and she will... of course it only lasts about 5 seconds into the prayer but it is a good start! I can't wait till she learns to say amen, and I will be in cute over load.
We helped in Nursery this Sunday, she was SO tiny compared to all the big kids. They might have been the reason she decided to finally just walk. She got stepped on and pushed over and hit really hard on the head with the hard plastic face of a doll, the last thing upset her pretty bad, and then she was basically done playing with the big kids.
We went to the mall today to play on the play land with some friends. She doesn't really "play" yet with other kids but she is pretty fascinated by them or completely freaked out by them.
On the baby front: We get to find out what we are having in just a week from tomorrow. I am excited, I have been thinking boy... we shall see, I even had a dream about my little boy, but it may just be because my friends have all had boys lately.
I am still sick and honestly I am getting SO STINKIN" SICK of being sick. I know it hasn't been as bad as Etta, but it feels like an angry energizer bunny that just keeps going and going. Especially when I think, that's it I feel good... then that night I am bound to be lying on the couch barfin
4 comments:
Way cute post! Im excited to hear what you're having!
I'm sorry you're still sick! ):
How thrilling that Etta is officially walking! Nothing will be safe now!
I hear you on the nursery thing - Spencer was only 5 months old when Greg and I were called as nursery workers, and he kept getting trampled. I finally put him in a walker both to keep him upright and to give him a buffer!
Wow, time is moving by so fast! It is a whole new world with a walking and soon to be running baby (they only walk for a little before they figure out how to run away :)).
That is so exciting that you get to find out so soon! I'm excited to know what you are having! Sorry you're still sick :(.
Wow, time is moving by so fast! It is a whole new world with a walking and soon to be running baby (they only walk for a little before they figure out how to run away :)).
That is so exciting that you get to find out so soon! I'm excited to know what you are having! Sorry you're still sick :(.
Post a Comment