Sunday, September 12, 2010

who knows...

Where have we been?  I wish I could say a great vacation, but we have just been busy.  I am almost back to normal, so it looks like I am a 17 week or so to a passably livable pregnant human being.  But I am just thankful to be able to do some dishes, without chucking up all my guts down the drain in the middle of it.   And so we are starting to catch up on the house work that is nice.

Etta, is still not really interested in walking, but she stands perfectly, without any support where ever she wants... (usually on the couch, she is now an avid furniture climber).  And she is at least willing to walk holding our hands which she hasn't been willing to do before now.

She talks like crazy and can really get her point across through her words... (and elaborate hand gestures, think rolling her wrists in the direction of where she wants to go)

Her is a list of the most common words we hear in a given day

Crac-kah- for all food and drink
Go- when she wants to do something else, go to sleep, go upstairs or down
Buh-aaww - Ball, for all circles, or circular shape items including grapes (which she calls Baw crac-kahs)
Bye-Bye, while waving, - for hello and good by mostly just to communicate.
Hi, which she said to a stranger in Costco for the first time.
uh-oh, she says this so adorably, usually I hear it from the monitor when she wakes up from her nap and chucks all her toys out of the crib
Buh and Ki - for Buddy and Kitty
Bu- for books,
MahwMahwMahw for Meow -
A muffled Ruff ruff, more like two long grunts, for barking


All these words are said with a LOT of inflection, and enthusiasm.  She also makes a lot of "Umm" sounds.  If she  likes a food she is eating there are a ton of "umms" throughout the whole meal.... think "What About Bob"  it is so cute.

I can't think of the other ones  but when I remember I will try to write them down

She has a molar coming in on her top left side, it has broken through, who knows when, we have been blessed with easy teething, and I appreciate it.

She still takes two naps a day and sleeps through the entire night from 8:30pm to 8:30 or 9:00 am.

Here are some pictures of her from a month ago (August 15th to be exact).  She is so fun!  (some are slightly blurry but you get the idea...)






WE. LOVE. HER!

Every night after she is asleep, we lay down in bed and laugh over all the cute things she did that day.  We sit there and play our own little, "do you remember" game about everyday activities with the cutest little munchkin on the planet.  Then we have to sneak into her room and see her sleeping in some crazy position and our heart just swell up with love at how cute she is...Even if she did scream at the top of her lungs at least twice during Sacrament meeting just for fun.

5 comments:

CourtneyB September 13, 2010 at 6:24 AM  

That's adorable! She's growing so fast! I especially love what she calls grapes - aww! (:

Ralph September 13, 2010 at 10:30 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ralph September 13, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

Ralph said...
She is an adorable little girl enjoy her while she is young as they grow up so fast. We truley love her with all our hearts.
Mom and Dad K
PS new leg doning well

The Arrrrrgalls September 14, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

I'm with you! Our poor house, and yard work has suffered. It's been VERY hot here this year, and our A/C broke. We bought a window A/C in our bed room, but we have stayed in that room to keep cool. So the heat is gone, my sever fatigue is gone, and now the dust is gone! Ahhh!!

Glad your feeling better, it's so good to feel human again. Check out my blog, and you can see what we are having!! Love and miss you :)

Miss Eliza Shumway September 14, 2010 at 11:15 PM  

haha!! cute etta :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP