Standing Ovation!
Well, it has been pretty busy the last few weeks making up for a trip to Utah and cleaning the house from a 2 month project that put us behind on everything.
But I had to jot down a fun new skill Miss Lydia has- she stands, on her own. She is so proud of herself, she has 2 little goose eggs, and a split open upper gum. This poor child just wants to RUN, not walk. She has some walker toys and she literally flies, smiling across the room after them.
I have to tell you a quick story to tell you about how good tempered she is. The other day I was changing Etta and Lydia, was climbing up beside me on the padded ottoman, but she fell and smacked her chin into the corner, and her two new bottom teeth slammed up into her upper gums. Justin grabbed her up trying to comfort her, and about 10 seconds later we saw all this blood gushing from her mouth. So, as soon as I had wrapped up Etta's diaper and washed my hands, I took Lydia from Justin and she immediately calmed down. But she still had this huge hole in her gums.
So, we called our (pediatric dentist) friend from the ward to make sure we didn't need to do anything to help her and he came over (thank you Nathan!). I just knew Lydia would freak out when he tried to open her moth, but she was just smiling at him as he checked out her little broken up gums. Calm as a summer day!
She is just such a sweet baby!
Anyway, she is so cute, here are some pictures of her lately.
You can see one of her forehead bumps in this picture below, she keeps hitting the same spot poor girl!














0 comments:
Post a Comment