Halloween 2010
To go where no man has gone before...
Live long and prosper.
This year we were Trekkies. Justin and I have been planning this one for years. It all came down to last minute though, like always but it worked out.
Etta is a Klingon (notice the front French braid, that is her forehead, and then she has the metal band thingy Warf always wore. That and she likes to Cling-on to us, so i thought it was appropriate.)
I was Dax. I have spots all over the edge of my face. I found the picture on line and thought that would be easy make up. Then our friend who remembered the name of the character said that she was the host of a parasite that was thousands of years old, and I thought it was even more appropriate, since I too am a host to a little sweet parasite!
Justin is the captain. He found that our hand winding flashlight were the perfect laser guns and he was happy.
All told a happy family and I must admit these were probably the easiest costumes I have made/altered. It only took about 2 days of random work here and there.
But the tradition of our first date (Halloween 2000) lives on and that is the important part!
Picture overload starts now.
4 comments:
I think both of your blogs (your family blog and remodelaholic) are great. It is so much fun to see people use their creativity and what they come up with. I absolutely love your profile photo with the Salt Lake Temple in the background, we have one very similar except it is the Manti Temple. You little family is so cute and I love the Halloween costumes. At least it looks like the weather where you are was nice for trick-or-treating. Here is Utah County it was raining cats and dogs. My babies didn't get much trick-or-treating done. Lovely blogs though.
Halloween is the best! Love your cute family.
LOVE the Star Trek Uniforms. Did you make them ? Live long and prosper.
Adelle, yes I did sort of make them. Actually I found pieces that worked in shape and color already made then embellished them.
I did make my daughter's dress and had to totally resize my husband's shirt. But it is SO much easier to make something look right without having to go through the mess of making it from scratch! I do it almost every year!
Post a Comment