Little Miracle
Life has been really busy. We just had the Relief Society birthday this last Thursday, and luckily it went beautifully and smoothly. I had to write down one thing, from the party that I feel was a little miracle.
We went all out with decorations and had the whole space lit with just black and white lamps around the rooms. I had two little clip on lights that I brought to put behind the buffets tables as up lights and my friend also brought an up light to have behind on of the side table for extra ambient light. I didn't see her place it there, and since it was behind a table I just assumed it was the same clip on light that I had brought.
Anyway, the birthday went beautifully and when we were cleaning up, Lydia and Etta were just running around in the cultural hall. While taking food back to the kitchen, I looked over to see, that Lydia was headed for my friend's up light, which was still on.... I should explain, that the light was actually a construction light. I hadn't realized this since I didn't see it put down there. They get so hot, it is almost scary, we have one or two of our own that we use when we are working outside at night. To explain how hot these get once a push pin dropped on one of ours and the hard plastic melted, it is that hot.
By the time this all registered in my head, Lydia's hand was already reaching for the light, I was about 20 feet away. There was no way I could stop her, so I screamed her name to stop, but it was too late. I watched her touch the metal grate that surrounds the light... I ran over to her and scooped her up in my arms, she was already screaming so I ran to the kitchen and put her hand under some cold water.
When I pulled her hand out to see how bad the burn was, there was nothing to be seen, just a perfect pink little palm. And while her feelings were hurt (from being screamed at), her hand was not.
Everyone else was saying that I screamed just in time to stop her, and maybe that was the case(which still would have been a miracle), but I watched her touch the light. I could see it perfectly from where I was standing.
I honestly feel like it was a miracle that she didn't burn her hand. I know that it may seem small, in the scale of hard things that people face int his life, but I couldn't help but keep thinking about the scripture that says that the Lords eye is on the sparrow... He sees all his creations, big or very small in Lydia's case, and that he cared enough at that moment to protect her from harm. I feel like the Spirit bore that witness to me over and over that night as I held my baby to put her to bed.
I know that a lot of people may say that miracles have ceased in this age, and while this is not an earth shattering miracle to others, to me, it meant more than I can say, and I am thankful for the experience, so that I can tell me daughters about it as they get older. Because I know that the Lord watches out for us, all the time!
0 comments:
Post a Comment