Monday, March 19, 2012

Playing Around!

It has been really busy lately.  I have been doing a stake play The Ten Virgins, musical parable.  I have done it before in Asheville, (last time I was unprepared...but I must have figured some life lessons out cuz this time I got to be prepared!  ha ha!)

 

 

Anyway, it was SO much fun.  We actually don't have a music chairman in our ward and haven't had one in the last 3 years we've been here so when it comes to musical numbers in our ward... they just don't really happen, I've asked to do a musical number once or twice... but that is about it. so music just hasn’t been something in my life.

 

 

I didn't realize how much I miss music and performing.  It is especially a joy to just be able to hang out with other like minded women and just have fun! 

We had two performances one on Friday and one on Saturday.  I am sad, but relieved that we are done.  The last week has been hard being away from the girls seemingly every night.

 

 

After the final performance Justin had Etta run up on to stage with a dozen roses!  We got a lot of Ahhs… (it really was cute!)  She was SO excited, and it was a really fun surprise for me.  The roses are beautiful, they are on my kitchen table and I gotta say, I might just get used to having fresh flowers on the table ( hint hint honey!).  They are so fun every time I see them! 

 

IMG_2387

 

IMG_2385IMG_2394

 

A funny side note ( I asked if I had permission to tell this story!), he also bought a card for me.  It was sorta hilarious... cuz he didn't really read it in one sitting.  He just scanned it and said, oh this talks about dancing and happy... should be perfect.  Inside it was signed "We love you mommy!!!"  

I was a little confused when I read it, because it said, 

 

You fill

my life with

HAPPY

You make me

wanna

DANCE

you get me

warm and

TINGLEY

Especially

in my….

(open the card)

HEART!

 

Uh… okay, he apologized, he really hadn't noticed it til it was too late.  but it was really funny!  Good times. 

 

Here are some random pictures of the play:  In no particular order:

 

DSC01083DSC01084IMG_2331IMG_2337IMG_2342IMG_2348IMG_2357IMG_2358IMG_2362IMG_2364IMG_2366IMG_2372IMG_2374

1 comments:

Brittanie April 5, 2012 at 8:28 AM  

Hahaha! I totally thought the card was going to say "pants"! =)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP