Saturday, December 11, 2010

I kneel to pray...

I love that primary song!  (click the link if you haven't heard it.. click on words and music in the top left corner and it will sing the song to you)

I had to write this down so I wouldn't forget.  About three nights ago when it was time for family prayer we called Etta over and said "Okay, let's say our prayer."  Normally when we do this she just folds her arms and bows her head, (for approx five seconds- while we start our prayer, then returns to what she was doing or sees a cat the must be chased).  Well this time she ran over right next to daddy and kneeled down, folded her arms and bowed her head, and stayed that way for the full prayer.

I almost burst into tears!  It was the CUTEST thing she has ever done!

AND she had done it every night since, but I keep forgetting to hide the camera behind my back before we call her (the second she sees the camera, she now comes running to see "the Baby"- urgh).  But I will get a picture soon -cause holy cow the cuteness is really too much.

Here are some pictures of Etta running around at the science museum in AZ.  She looks so grown up in her little sparkle jeans and hoodie.




And here are some pictures of her trying to eat a pretty tempting nativity our friends made last year (which I love by the way!!- don't worry i saved the nativity after I took the pictures)  You can see her face in these pictures a little better.





(can you tell why she was tempted to eat it?  It is a little S'more Nativity!  Cutest thing ever!)

QUESTION:
While we were in Arizona with my sister she was potty training her son.  Etta was of course very interested in all the trips to the potty and usually tagged along when she could.  I have no idea when she is doing number 1 but I can tell easily when she is doing number 2 (sorry if you are squeamish)  Anyway, the point is that tonight she was sorta making a face, and she said "Poop" and sure enough a minute later that is what she was doing-so she told us that she was going.  Should I jump on this and try potty training?  Any tips on what to do?  It would be so nice to only have one diapered child in the house at a time...  Am I just a dreamer?  She is almost 17 months.

1 comments:

A Erickson December 21, 2010 at 5:39 PM  

One thing about potty training...you definitely have to be more ready than they are. If you aren't ready-don't go there! Because it sure does take some patience! Be prepared to spend some quality time home and tied to the throne!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP