Sunday, December 19, 2010

This week in review...

I feel like journaling...

Wanna know something sad?  I can't even remember what happened this week before Wednesday.  No my brain was wiped clean when i woke up that night at about 5:30 am and had to take a quick trip to the porcelain throne...  I got the stomach flu.

At first I thought it was food poisoning, from the "Taco Smell" I ate Wednesday night but alas, by Thursday night Justin had the flu too.  IT WAS AWFUL people.  No wonder I complain so much when I first get pregnant I really hate vomiting... Like REALLY HATE IT!

But holy cow, how does a mother, mother when she has the flu?  Let alone when the hubby gets it... and if the kids are sick too.  Luckily Etta did not get it., she had the flu shot.  I was kicking myself for not getting it the week before at the doctors, she asked if I had the flu shot yet, I said no and she said, oh lets get it while you are here.  Then we both forgot about it... URGH!  That would have been so much better, I am now pro flu shots for myself, FOR SURE!

I can't believe that Christmas is this weekend.  We have taken it REALLY easy this season, Only decorating trees and listening to Christmas music.  We didn't get around to an ugly Christmas sweater party so that was a bummer, cuz they really are quite fun.  I haven't even been Christmas shopping, I bought a few thing over Thanksgiving and that is all we are doing.  No I haven't wrapped them, not sure if I really will, Etta isn't to into the unwrapping... so we'll see.

I am totally ready to have a baby.  Technically we have hit the less than two months mark, but still, TWO months feels like forever.  Especially since for some reason, unknown to me it has become socially acceptable to call a pregnant woman HUGE to her face.  Seriously, and this happens every week.  I feel like I have a sign on my saying  "Please, tell me I am huge and then gasp when I saw I have two months left... It makes me so unselfconscious."  I am going to have a major complex at the end of this- so please say nice things.  It is not like I started this pregnancy at 115 lbs and 5'4.  I am not a small person to begin with, I am taller than a lot of men I know, so don't expect me to get smalled when I am pregnant, okay?...  I am maybe a little on the annoyed side right now.

A change of subject might be nice.

Etta is adorable as ever.  Her vocabulary is really growing and hare Aunt Noelle bought her a movie with the letters of the alphabet's sounds and she is now repeating most of them, and sometimes recognizes a few letters and what sound they make.

She is talking a lot more and is just plain funny.

I am sure I have mentioned this before but i just love it, whenever I say (at nap time) "Do you wanna take a nigh-nigh?'  She picks up her "B" (blanket) and walks to the door of her room to wait for me to put her to bed.

She also occasionally tries out having a tantrum.  It is so funny to see.  The other day she was pushing her baby-doll stroller, and something bugged, her so she screamed and got her "I am mad" face on and pushed down the stroller.   Then tried to cry that it was on the ground (to get attention).  I ignored it, so she stopped crying, looked around, picked it up and kept playing.... but it was funny!

She is using her good manners to get about anything she wants.  She knows that if you say "Peas" (please) that you can get _____ fill in the blank.  So, I must admit, when she asks for something and says please it is hard to say no.

Well, I might just run, I will see if I have any pictures to add to this post from the week...  Here she is on a little CD case step stool watching a movie!  I thought it was funny!

2 comments:

A Tale of Three December 19, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

Andrew may have had the flu Monday...or else it was food poisening. Luckily my old dr did one thing right and I'd had the flu shot. Etta is adorable. I'm feeling rather large myself. I'm always caught off guard when someone comes up out of nowhere and rubs my belly...at least it feels more like I'm prego and less like I'm fat now. I'm sure you look amazing.

sarah December 20, 2010 at 12:39 AM  

grr...you should beat those people...honestly, why and when would that ever be appropriate to say to someone! i think you look great, from the very few pics you have posted that include you in them :) we are very excited for you guys but a little freaked out because we are just a bit behind ya and i'm not sure how 2 will be. are you coming out to utah before the baby comes?

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP