Lately
I need to write a post about our family Thanksgiving trip to AZ, but I haven't downloaded the pictures yet- who knows where the cord is. So I will just type a few highlight so I don't forget. Also, I thought it would be fun to write a few of Etta's new things down.
Lately Etta is really talking. She makes all sorts of noises and babbles like crazy on an on in a full conversation.
She knows that if I say "What do you say?" That she needs to say "Please" Which sounds like "Peas"
Last night she wanted a cracker really badly and I had to remind her to say Please. Then the next time she said "Crakuh Peas". I was so proud.
She now has a name for her blanket, she calls it "B". I don't know where it came from but she will ask for B when she needs some extra cuddling, and she loves it if we put it on our shoulder and she can cuddle with us.
She has been imitating us A LOT lately. It is so cute. For example on our trip at a hotel, Justin grabbed a tissue and blew his nose like a horn. Now Etta grabs tissues puts it over her nose and blows a horn sound through her mouth, it is pretty funny.
Also, on the first few nights of our trip Etta had a pretty hard time falling asleep since it wasn't in her regular place. She was so nervous, she was ended up having to lay down and calm down between Justin and I basically til she fell asleep and then we laid her down. It was so sweet to see how much she needed us, and it reminded me of my childhood and when I would go to my parents for comfort when I was scared at night. She just laid there and rubbed my face with her hand until she fell asleep and I was just eating it up!
Speaking of eating, Etta is now completely weaned, I am a bit sad about it, but I guess we had to do it sometime. I decided it would be best while we weren't home doing our normal going to sleep routine. Now Daddy is putting her to sleep for the next few weeks to make sure that she doesn't miss anything. She is doing really well.
Another funny thing Etta does is call us all Daddy unless she is really upset, then she will cry for Mommy. Otherwise she just says "Daa-ee" for both us and about anybody. A few weeks ago she woke up in the middle of the night, and instead of just crying she just started yelling "Daa-ee, Daa-ee", and it was so sweet it melted my heart. Now she does it all the time, wakes up start yelling for Daa-ee to come get her.
O,h and I just remembered that she officially has said her first Dutch word (a few weeks ago). When we go up stairs we ask her if she wants to "Ga naar boven" And she will say "bova" now after we say it.
That is about all I can think of for now. Thanks for reading my little journal entry if you even did...
As far as the pregnancy with Lydia goes things are going well and we are getting excited. It feels a little like it did with Etta, we just don't know what to expect- sorta strange to think in less than three months we will have a new member of the family, and I will have my body back... sorta. Can't wait. (I bought a few new newborn outfits, for some reason, it makes it feel more real)
Can't wait for Christmas, I am almost done decorating the trees,which is about all I am planning on doing for decor. We have other things to worry about, I am totally in my nesting groove right now!
3 comments:
How fun! I can't wait till we have a little one wh needs cuddling:)
Fun Fun Fun. You guys are darling.
Hello Dear Cassity, I loved reading about the little things that are going on that we don't naturally think to talk about when we're on the phone. I was just talking to you and I wasn't able to call you back. It's Sunday night. I send my love.
Keep writing.
I have one thing to say about Etta being trained. I do know that when the baby comes it kind of knocks the habits of the older sister when babysitters come and things are so different.
If you think she's ready, she might enjoy being dry. I don't think you'd be sorry if you started now. You girls did it around 22 months. Love, Mom
Post a Comment