Three Funny Etta Sayings
1. When Etta wants to go outside she says "outshide". Which factors into this story very, very significantly.
The other day, Justin let me take a nap and when I walked down stairs the first word I heard out of my daughters mouth was a four letter word for poop that starts with and S-H-and ends with a -T.
Uh, back up the truck, what is going on honey? Well, Justin was talking to Etta and calling out the names or words for the things she was doing. He picked up Etta and sat her down on a seat, and said "Sit down Etta. Sit"
Well, our sweet little girl is repeating almost every word we say lately. So, she said, with her little lisp "Sh**".
We were laughing our heads off. It really was a funny moment. She said it a few times and we had to pretend we were laughing at the way she was lifting her leg up in the air so she wouldn't continue saying the word... good times.
2. Because Etta is now repeating everything we say, she is also disciplining our cats-constantly. Which unfortunately is about all she hears from me when speaking to our cats (usually because it involves me scolding them before the take her head off cuz she is driving them nuts). But it is sorta adorable. You see, she really only says Buddy and no, but she says it in the EXACT tone of voice that is say it, (lower Bu- and then higher ddEEE and hold out the eee.)
So she grabs the squirt bottle (our form of feline punishment) shakes it in their general direction, and say Buh-deeeeee NO! No! NOOO! and shakes the bottle again. Then for good measure, she usually starts drinking water from the squirt bottle... but that is another story!
3. We had a little birthday BBQ the other day, just to get a few people together. Etta was on cloud nine running around after the big kids. Getting her feet so caught up in kite string that she couldn't walk, fell over and I had to cut her out of them... (lesson : no kites in our back yard at parties)
Anyway, we had a bunch of random party food left over, including hot dogs, so that is what we had for lunch. Nutritious I know.... Anyway, I sat down at the table with the hot dogs on a plate. She say them on there and got all excited and pointed at the plate and said "Hot Doggies".
I think it is official after that very moment, hot dogs and now Hot Doggies in our family! Love it!
(4.)Okay one last one so I can show you some pictures....
We walked outside yesterday while Justin and I were talking and Etta came running out. The moon was out and she noticed it really for the first time. So I told her "look Etta the moon" and she said while nodding "Moot", and she kept saying Moot and pointing. She basically looked adorable so that was why it was so cute. (she is wearing a dress from Aunt Shirley in these pictures! Adorable!)
1 comments:
Dang she's too cute and I'm glad that little dress fits her and she can get some use out of it. Speaking of clothes, did you ever get the package I sent for Lydia and Etta a couple months ago? I kept meaning to ask because I wasn't positive I sent it to the right address. I hope it got there. Anyway love the latest news and just be glad she said the s.h. word that way and not because she'd her dad say it out of frustration like some other Kmetzsch kids I know.
Post a Comment